Vine Street’s 21st CCLC Before and Afterschool Program:
We are pleased to announce that our 21st CCLC Program will continue to run this year, although activities will look a little differently for a while. Our program will be entirely remote at least for the first quarter of school, but potentially further. We are monitoring the guidance from the MDOE and the CDC in return to extracurricular activities. Activities will begin at 3:30 pm, with 20 minutes at the start for snack. We will wrap up at 4:30 pm. Snacks will be sent home with our in-school/hybrid students and our remote students’ snacks will be added to their lunch meal pick up bags. Students will log into a zoom and complete their activities online with a staff member and other peers.
- For more information on our after school programs please call the main office at 941-6300.
- September 1-4: Registration packets sent home. Please complete even if you’re unsure if your child will be attending clubs.
- September 14: Club choices sent home
- September 28: 1st quarter clubs begin
- October 26: 2nd quarter club choices sent home
- November 6: 1st quarter clubs end
- November 9: 2nd quarter clubs begin
- January 19: 3rd quarter club choices sent home
- January 29: 2nd quarter clubs end
- February 1: 3rd quarter clubs begin
- March 29: 4th quarter club choices sent home
- April 9: 3rd quarter clubs end
- April 12: 4th quarter clubs begin
- May 28: Last day of after-school programs
How It Works
Students will use Google Classroom and Zoom meetings to connect with teachers and other peers. We will be using this time to go over our daily club activities as a group. Some clubs will be utilizing materials sent home to students while others will be clubs that require no extra materials. They can sign up for one club per day as usual. They will have a first choice and a second choice.
After-school clubs are available to all students regardless of what option they are following for a return to school schedule. Registration packets will be sent home with our in-person/hybrid students and will be online for our remote students.
There is no fee, but donations are encouraged. You can make a donation online, or you can make a check payable to “Bangor School Department” with “Vine Street 21CCLC” in the memo section, and mail it to: Bangor School Department Business Office, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor ME 04401.
This program is open to all students attending Vine Street School during the 2020-2021 academic year.
This program is conducted remotely. Students will connect online from their own homes once they are home from school.
Clubs will meet on their assigned day at 3:30 pm until 4:30 pm.
Snack will be provided to all students signed up in after-school programming. Our in-person/hybrid students will take their snack home with them and our remote students will receive their snack with their lunch bags at the designated pick up location. Snacks will be distributed on Monday and students will receive all 4 snacks at once.
Students are expected to conduct themselves appropriately. If something is not okay at school, it is not okay in club Zoom meetings. Specifically students should:
- Be properly dressed
- Sit upright and pay attention
- Leave distractions out of reach
- Use appropriate language
- Make sure that decorations, objects, and other people in their space are all school-appropriate
- Show kindness and respect at all times
- Follow directions and requests from staff
Students who fail to adhere to our behavior standards may be removed from the program. Staff can mute or remove a student from a Zoom meeting at any time without warning to block inappropriate content from other students. A phone call home to parents will be made to address these concerns if a students is removed.
Parent Volunteers Needed!
- Assist with activities that interest you! Email the Program Director.
- Have a hobby or talent to share? You could lead a club! Email the Program Director.
- A 15-minute volunteer training is offered by appointment with the Director. Volunteer training must be completed once each school year in order to volunteer in any of our schools. Don’t wait! Volunteer applications can take up to a week to process.